Thursday, October 7, 2010

simplest is the best

A friend brought me to a restaurant recently. I just breakfasted at a yummy sate place in Hartamas called Satay Station. My friend wanted to eat rice and the sate place doesn't serve rice. So we went to the Timor Place in Taman Dagang, Ampang.

I was pleasantly surprised to see different things on the menu which we hardly find in other restaurants. I saw things like 'keropok lekor' and 'lempeng' (pancake made of flour and coconut). I quickly ordered the lempeng that came with sambal. t was yummy although I was very full. So I managed to eat only a quarter of it. Then I asked the waitress to tapau' it.

The next morning, while I was having my sahur (early breakfast before subuh prayers for those wanting to perform fasting) I suddenly remembered that I had that lempeng in my fridge. So I quickly took it out and heat it for awhile. In the wee hours of the morning I realised that sometimes, the simplest thing is the best after all... I totally enjoyed the simple sahur/breakfast which I have not had for the longest time.

No comments:

Post a Comment